Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Lace Shorts & Coral Blouse


Sunglasses: Vogue (gift from my bf) | Shirt: Banana Republic | Shorts: Nicole by Nicole Miller | Flats: F21 | Bracelet: JCP | Watch: Geneva, purchased at Juniper | Earrings: purchased at Juniper


A ring I purchased today at a local fair trade boutique, The Welcome Mat

Today was the perfect day.  

Now that I'm home from college for the summer, my family and I are able to spend more time together.  During the school year, my time spent with my family is always rushed.  On non-holiday break weekends, I would typically arrive home on Friday night and leave to go back to school on Sunday afternoon.  My home visits always had a purpose (birthdays, usually) so most of the weekends were spent preparing for whatever event was happening at that time.  Needless to say, I usually didn't have the chance to take a day to relax with my family.

So now that I'm home for the summer, my mom and I spent the day shopping.  We bought a bunch of clothes, and I can't wait to share my new outfits!  I am working at an advertising agency this summer, so I needed to get skirts and shirts I could mix and match to create several different looks.  The dress code at work is considered to be "business casual" (jeans and t-shirts are acceptable), but I'm more of a pencil skirt and heels type of girl.  Why wear jeans and flats when you can wear color-blocked skirts and trendy heels? :)


My mom during our shopping spree!
(follow her blog here!)

I thought I'd leave you with a photo of my niece - she brings light into my life everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment