Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Cupcakes


Perfectly baked chocolate cupcakes

I used Schogetten chocolate (from Aldi) to make
chocolate shavings to garnish my cupcakes
Frosted cupcake garnished with chocolate shavings

I added peanut butter cups for an even tastier treat!
My family has come to expect cupcakes at every family gathering.  My cupcake craze started about a year ago, and has been in full swing ever since.  Seeing as it was Mother's Day (saying my mom loves chocolate is an understatement!) I could not think of a more perfect time to whip up a batch of double chocolate cupcakes.  

I try to experiment with new recipes every time I make basic cupcakes, hoping I will stumble across my "go-to" recipe for basic chocolate and vanilla cupcakes.  I found my go-to vanilla cupcake recipe last summer, and I am pretty confident I have finally found my go-to chocolate cupcake recipe!  I owe a big thank you to this blog for providing me with such a delicious batch of cupcakes.  The cake was moist, fluffy, and not too sweet, and the creamy frosting (I doubled the recipe) was quite possibly the best I've made so far.  The lightness of the cake was well balanced with the rich flavor of the frosting.

1 comment: