Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Order Up!


Vanilla Funfetti Cupcakes topped with Vanilla Funfetti Buttercream Frosting

Double Chocolate Cupcake topped with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting and a Chocolate Disc

Salted Caramel Cupcake topped with Caramel Buttercream Frosting and Sugar Crystals

As promised, here are the recipes for the cupcakes I made for my mom's work.  I have set a chocolate cupcake aside to devour tonight, and I am pretty excited about it!

Here are the links to the cupcake recipes.  I've also included some notes about each cupcake that might be useful if you decide to make these too!

Funfetti Cupcakes: These little cakes turned out to be denser than I had hoped. They're nothing like the boxed recipe (that's a good thing, right?) and are not too sweet.  But when paired with the frosting, the sweetness of the frosting is a good balance with the cupcakes.

Double Chocolate Cupcakes: Don't forget to add the water!  I made these not too long ago for Mother's Day without any problems, but as I was filling the cupcake cups with extra thick batter, I realized I had forgotten to add the cup of boiling water.  I won't be making that mistake again!  I love this recipe - the cakes always turn out moist, fluffy, and really chocolaty.  Definitely use the recommended frosting recipe if you are planning on making these cupcakes - it is the best chocolate buttercream I have tasted yet!  The light corn syrup in the frosting creates a smooth and creamy texture that can't be found in non-corn syrup buttercream frosting.

Salted Caramel Cupcakes: I made these cupcakes about a year ago when I actually had time to make the sugar swirl garnishes.  They're really easy to make, so don't be afraid! :)  I also didn't have time to make the caramel filling (I skipped it last time too - the cake and the frosting are really sweet, so an extra layer of caramel might be too overpowering). 

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment