Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend DIY

 
// BEFORE //
 
 
 
 
// AFTER //
 
 
 
 

// BEFORE // AFTER //
 


 

 
When I decided to redo my bedroom, I turned to Pinterest for inspiration (follow me here!) I like the way small details around a room really bring everything together, so I decided to finally put some of my pins into action. (I'm sure I am not alone in saying that once something is pinned, I completely forget about it!) I bought the little animals at a dollar store for $2. As for paint, you can use whatever color you want, but my room is purple and grey, so I decided to go with chrome (I used Krylon). After my 40% off coupon at Michael's, the paint was around $4. The pears also came from Michael's, and I used a 15% off teacher's discount (thanks, Mom!) and they came to about $6. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome - it was fast, really easy, and only $12!
 
When I told my boyfriend that today's plans involved spray painting tiny animals and pears, he looked at me with the "I think you're crazy but I still love you" look. Thankfully he tolerates my spontaneous crafting and compliments me when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment