Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Product Review

A typical trip to Sephora involves going in for something specific, not buying it, and leaving the store with about 5 other products. I have been wanting to find the perfect nude lipstick or a couple months now, but I can't seem to find a shade that suits me best. I have a fair complexion, and I don't think nude lips work that well with my skin tone. I did find a lipstick I absolutely adore, even though it's not the shade I was looking for. I'll tell you about it in a bit.

My makeup routine is pretty much the same everyday, but I have been experimenting with new products and am trying to find the perfect ones for my skin. I'm pleased to say that the new products I have tried really have great, lasting effects! I thought I'd share my opinions of the following products because I am really happy I tried them!


Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter - $30

 I have never used an actual highlighter before. I have always swept a shimmery light-colored eye shadow around my cheekbones, and until now, was satisfied with it. I really like how easy the Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter is to apply. You just sweep it on and blend it in with your finger. How much easier could it be?! I also love this highlighter because it's the color of my skin, so it adds just the right amount of shimmer and light to my face. I definitely recommend it!
bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer - Brightening - $23

Believe it or not, I have never used a primer either! Because I go through phases of liking and hating my foundation (and end up trying all sorts of different ones), I thought I'd give primer a try. The problem I have with foundation is that it never seems to be enough - no matter how much I put on, I still have uneven red spots and it is worn off by the evening. Instead of buying even more foundation, I thought primer might be the answer to evening out my skin without caking on makeup. I absolutely LOVE this primer. It added a nice hint of highlighter to my face, which made me appear more alert and brighter. It also created a really great slate for applying foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush, and highlighter. My makeup lasted all day, and I could not have been happier with the results!
bareMinerals Active Cell Renewal Nigh Serum - $50

Even though I'm in my early 20s and have been blessed with a good complexion, I have been really trying to take care of my skin and take all preventative measures as possible. I always use a night cream with retinol to prevent wrinkles, but I wanted to take my nightly skin care routine to the next level. The bareMinerals Active Cell Renewal Night Serum left my skin feeling hydrated and soft in the morning. My face was a tad on the greasy side when I woke up, but I just rinsed my face off and that took care of it! My face sees a lot of makeup during the day, so it's only fair that I treat it right at night! So far I really like this serum, so I am going to keep using it to see if I notice lasting effects.
Too Faced La Crème in "I Want Candy" - $21

I am a lipstick fanatic. I firmly believe that a great shade of lipstick and a pair of heels can make any girl's day brighter! I am so happy I discovered the new Too Faced La Crème lipstick. My usual lipstick routine consists of exfoliating my lips, putting on a layer of Chapstick and then the lipstick. Even though I still like to exfoliate my lips before putting on lipstick (exfoliating removes dead skin and ensures a smooth application), there is no need for a layer of Chapstick before the lipstick. So not only is it moisturizing, but the color is amazing and lasts for hours! I even wore this lipstick today while I was at the gym (yes, I wear lipstick to the gym!) and it lasted throughout my workout. I will definitely be adding different shades of La Crème to my lipstick collection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment